KIAC News and Info
- July 5th: KIAC Board meeting; 10am at the Norm Dicks Center (4th floor) in Bremerton
- July 10th: Mesa Redonda de Kitsap meeting; 8:30am at the Norm Dicks Center (4th floor) in Bremerton
- DREAMer Resources: Own the DREAM and NWIRP DREAMer information.
- 2013 Seattle Center Festal Cultural Events
The New Colossus
By Emma Lazarus, 1883
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
At the Kitsap Immigrant Assistance Center we offer all manner of help and assistance to immigrants. Among the services we provide: English as a Second Language classes, DSHS intake (in Spanish), medical referrals, legal referrals, health and nutrition classes provided in Spanish, a free meal each day that our Center is open, cultural awareness information and presentations to community groups, immigrant advocacy, YWCA domestic violence counselors. If you don’t see the type of assistance you need on this list, just ask!
We offer a variety of programs in conjunction with our Center:
- Zumba class is held at the Hillcrest Church on Thursdays at 6pm
- The Mesa Redonda de Kitsap meeting is held on the second Wednesday of every other month at 8:30am at the Norm Dicks Building (4th floor WSU classroom) in downtown Bremerton. All social-service agency reps and others are welcome to attend.